August 26, 2013

My first muslauf project: Part 1

In july, after quite a lot of researching and thinking, I finally decided to convert my Rog maraton to fixed gear along with complete rebuild/repaint/refresh.
I disassembled the bicycle and started stripping the paint with lavacol.

Few days later all paint was stripped.

At this point I was very tempted only clear coat it, to capture this beautiful natural metal finish with brazed joints.


I cut and smoothed unnecessary mounts for mudguards, kickstand,...

Then I primed the frame and forks and sent them to the paint shop.


No comments:

older posts - archive

Random archive post:

this site is non commercial and ad-free / our contact is: muslauf (at) gmail.com ;

If you want to chat with us, our fb group is: http://www.facebook.com/groups/78273081648/