September 8, 2008

my first post

Is dedicated to my first fixed conversion, also known as the fixed pony.

I got this little bastard to get around along the coast during semesters, but in the summer heat I
decided it would do that just as good if it was a fixie. And besides that, my real fixed conversion
project got postponed till October.
So. The lockring got welded to the cogring and that seems to work out quite good since you can't
really reach any great speeds on a pony. And to lock your legs is near impossible, since it puts
you way over the handlebar, so for now it runs with a brake.












































The biggest problem with this monster of a ride, is that the frame is not at all made to handle the
kind of force that a fixed gear brings. It's really unstabble, got bad balance and when you gather
some speed and want to brake, it feels like the frame is going to pieces. Anyway. I'm thinking
about rebuilding the wheel and throw it on an old crappy mtb frame I have lying around later.

So, in the spirit of summer conversions I give you the latest german camper/firetruck/unable to
classify by DARS vehicle:




2 comments:

trashcore said...

Damn it. Wrote all that and completely forgot to introduce myself. Mona.
Anyway here it goes:
My name is Gandalf(for real), I ve been riding bikes to get places all my life. Mainly in Malmö, Sweden(size of Ljubljana, roughly). Wanted a fixie since 03, but haven't had time to deal with it till now. I live and ride in Postojna and Koper/south primorska.
Right now I have a fixed pony and a geared full size one.
I aim to get myself a proper fixed ride soon.

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

older posts - archive

Random archive post:


this site is non commercial and ad-free / our contact is: muslauf (at) gmail.com ;

If you want to chat with us, our fb group is: http://www.facebook.com/groups/78273081648/